Internship Programme | Facilities Department
1st February 2023 to 31st May 2023 (4 month placement)
Marlborough College Malaysia opened in 2012 and is a British day and boarding school for pupils aged 3-18 years. We live and work in a safe and spacious 90 acre campus in southern Malaysia, reminiscent of the generous grounds and playing fields of Marlborough College in the UK’ enhanced by our own organic farm and boating lake. Guided by our principles of compassion, companionship and conversation, Marlborough College Malaysia gives its boys and girls the space, inspiration and courage to explore their own potential, the wonders of our world and their responsibilities to it and to each other.
The College is arranged in a Prep School (3-13) and a Senior School (14-18) and it currently has 760 pupils, around 394 of whom are in the Prep and 120 of whom are in the Sixth Form. Pupils from the age of nine may choose to board and approximately a third of those who are eligible do so, with almost half of the Senior School and most of the Sixth Form boarding. The Singapore Tatler has referred to the College as “the only school in Asia offering an authentic British boarding programme”.
While very British in ethos and with a Common Room largely drawn from some of the UK’s leading schools, the College is also truly international, celebrating diversity and a global outlook with children representing over 45 nationalities. Around half of our pupils are from expatriate families.
The College is very well-resourced and enjoys an enviable reputation for its pupils’ achievements on a broad variety of fronts. It is one of the few schools in Asia to achieve membership of HMC, an association of the world’s leading independent schools, to have the Council of British International Schools’ coveted “Beacon” status and to have won international plaudits for innovation and excellence from the UK’s Boarding Schools’ Association. It was listed by the Spears Index among the world’s 100 leading independent schools in 2021 and 2022.
The intern will be responsible for gathering, sorting, analysing and presenting a wide variety of information and data relating to the contents of all the buildings in the campus. For this internship, you will work closely with the Facilities Department.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Survey the interior of the buildings to identify the number of rooms, bathrooms and amenities e.g. furniture and fixtures
- Prepare a report with the contents for each building
- Estimate the replacement cost for each content
- Records all buildings and assets into a single, structured register
- Weekly update with the Bursar and Head of Finance on the survey progress.
Qualification and Experience
- An undergraduate who requires an industrial placement as part of their penultimate year of university
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- Satisfactory completion of a background check
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical acumen
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to stay highly organised and efficient
- A drive to deliver results within 4 months of placement
The Recruitment Process
If you feel that you can meet these requirements, then please submit a letter of application along with the application form to the Master by 9.00 am (MYT) on Tuesday 31st January 2023. A CV is not required, but may be submitted at the discretion of the applicant.
Applications should be addressed to the Master and sent to: email@example.com
Marlborough College Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS or equivalent is required.