Roald Dahl Story Day | Year 4
On Friday, 11th September, Year 4 celebrated the famous children’s author through Roald Dahl Story Day. The pupils dedicated an afternoon to Roald Dahl’s stories, characters, and memorable moments. The pupils both online and in the classrooms were able to take part in a carousel of activities demonstrating how reading and storytelling is woven throughout the curriculum.
- A Roald Dahl fact hunt
- Create your own Marvellous Medicine
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory inspired 3D sweet structure building using marshmallows and fun photobooth
- Quentin Blake illustration station
- Make your own BFG ears
- BFG “whizz pops” (estimate how many sweets are in the jar)
- A series of Roald Dahl maths challenges
Children who excelled in each activity received a Wonka Bar, five of which contained golden tickets!
Finally – no Roald Dahl day would be complete without story time, where the children were able to ‘Sit back and allow the words to wash around you like music.’ – Matilda.